Thursday, March 20, 2014

I'm a Carolina Girl

Lost Files

Yes, it's true, I'm a Carolina Girl! Growing up in the NC was and still is one of those rare opportunities.

My niece and I went riding bikes today and it got me thinking about "back in the day" I grew up on the south side of Raleigh, "400 block" to be exact! Most people judge me before they get to know me- which is unfortunate for them.

So, here are a few of my most memorable moments of growing up in my Carolina world!

up-side-down kool-aid-icy-cups
Mr. Oats hot dogs
Mr. Mints 10 cent popsicles
Catching lighting in the back yard and asking my mom to make us flashing earrings.
Jumping the creek
The wooden park
Fighting big mama
Saturdays basketball games at "the court"
Bike crew!
Mr. James on the Corner with his guitar
Wall ball
The junk yard in the first section
Playing house in the club house in the back on the second section
How Kerry D and Kristy never came out the house!
Blacky the dog
The benches with all the old drunk men
Trips to Chavis Heights pool
The shelter on Davie after dark
Walking through the cut behind the church from the 400blk to Martin
Larrys on the corner or Haywood and Martin
Getting chased by dogs from Camden to the 400 the back way by the cirlce
My first kiss at the green box
Sneaking out of the house at night from my second floor bedroom window!
Camp BB&T



and the list goes on and on...





No comments:

Post a Comment