Thursday, March 12, 2009

"You're Allergic"

What will I remember most about Boracay? That's easy, getting my first henna tattoo. Sounds simple...well here's the story. Henna is all natural; made from eucalyptus plants, it's temporary and I never thought any harm in it, so I got one:

Like my permanent tattoo I often forget about it. After about two days I felt a itch on my stomach. I scratched and rubbed while thinking to myself "WTH"?!?! So finally I remembered I had a henna tat there. I took a look and ....well...I'll just say..it wasn't pretty...totally unexpected. Soon the itch turned into a burning sensation, so I put a little ointment on it. The next day the burning sensation turned into a "OMG PLEASE HELP ME, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME, I DON'T WANT TO DIE!" feeling, it was the worst!! Especially after showering. It was red, swollen, scabbing and pusing. ::GROSS:: It felt like someone poured acid on me, I wanted to dig my nails under my skin and scratch it off! Uuuggghhhh!!!! Finally, after about a week of torture and dreading going to the doctor in fear of his diagnoses of my life ending....I went with my co-worker so she could translate the wretched news. The doctor took one look at it and said (in a Korean monotone voice) "you're allergic" ........."and your going to have a scar." Relived I wasn't terminal, I dropped my head and took life's lesson along with some meds for the irritation's relief.

Looking on the brighter side of things, I decided if I had to have a scar,this one wouldn't be so bad. Thank God I didn't get anything stupid like a lovers name! LOL So if anyone ever says "tell me something unique about yourself," I'll proudly tell about the time I took a vaycay to the Philippines and got a temporary tattoo but ended up with a permanent one. Geez- how could I be allergic to a eucalyptus plant?!?

1 comment:

  1. I would have been freaked out too. Glad you're ok. The henna tat is pretty though.

    ReplyDelete