Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Love and Happiness"

...Occasionally I imagine what life would be like if I were born in the mid to late 20th Century (Specifically the 60s-70s) I believe there was a Sense of urgency in the air that made men and women embrace what love and happiness was. It's (soul music) like a deep feeling inside your soul that makes you want to give your love to any and everyone. Makes you wana rock left to right or roll your hips real smooth...lol you feel a lil beat in your body that makes you smile and groove real slow to the rhythm. Wwhhheeww, you feel that?!?! I don't know about you but real music and I do mean reeeaalll music feels gud to my soul! It's an escape, a quick fix, a perfect high...if you got the right stuff; you get that first high all over again every-single-time! If you got the right stuff it will have you jonesing for more and more. But it's got to be the right stuff or you'll find your thoughts stuck in a dark place wondering "how did I get here?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsU6_eSG4k4

.........

5 comments:

  1. My Big Lil Soul Activist Sista, so true the music of soul, sound and equality causes an up lifting the spirit and a washing away the blight that plagues love. My soul sista, so true is the heart and mind fused with the spikes of beautiful, glistening blackness wile in the presence of Rhythm and Blues. So true is that the wrong rhythm and blues can cause one to spiral down the dark vortex of ones soul. Can you dig it? Can you handle the world of love and the world as it truly is. True love and disappointment-if.
    PL&S Ratheal PIT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffpoo: I have read these words of the heart and soul, all that i can say is that the apple did not fall far from the tree. Don't let that freak you out. The Mr. Al Green is my most beloved singer. Marvin Gay and The Mrs Patty La Belle also touch the depths of ones soul.
    Thinking of you always Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My soul brother yes, I can dig it!! What a surprise big brother I never knew you knew poetry so well! I loved it, we need more, we need more, give us more, give us more!!

    My mommy! (ma dont be calling me Tiffpoo in the public lol) you should give us a taste of your divine words too! I know you are who I get it from. I know the music of love so well because of the many mornings of waking up to the sounds to Otis Redding Mr. Marin and an endless list of soul soothers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tiff.....

    Glad I found your blog....I'll be sure to check it out more often. I have seen you pics on facebook, they look great and you look like you're having a fabulous time.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erin! Thanks for checking out my blog, I'll be sure to check yours out as well. I am having a great time, but the time we spent in Africa was better!!

    ReplyDelete